Tech Tip - Printing Bookmarks and Favorites
From the Teacher Chatboard
I would like to print out a list of bookmarks from my old computer. How do I do this? I would like to have the http: with the title if possible. I use both Netscape and Explorer. Any ideas?
I use Internet Explorer and this is what I do:
Export favorite pages
- On the Window menu, click Favorites.
- On the File menu, click Export Favorites.
- Specify a location for the exported file, and then click "Save".
I put it on the desktop. Then I can open it and copy it to a word processing document.
[Editor's note: These steps will enable you to print out the names of the sites. In order to print the URLs, simply use the "List all Links" Bookmarklet described below.]
Here's a way to do it with Netscape
- Open your Bookmarks
- In the Tools menu select Export
- Save as an html page in a place where you can find it later
- Go to the following link and follow the directions for using the Bookmarklet named "List All Links" http://www.bookmarklets.com/
- Then, in Netscape's regular browsing window, select "Open File" from the File menu
- Open the html file to which you exported your bookmarks
- Click on "List All Links" on your toolbar
- After it finishes, you will be able to print the results.
[Editor's note: These steps will enable you to print out the URLs of the sites. In order to print the URLs and the names you will have to do the work manually or purchase software that will do it for you, e. g. Show-URL ($35.00).]
Browse through the latest posts on the Teachers.Net Chatboard...