Behavior Management Sites
compiled by Bruce Kobal, MA
Pre-doctoral Intern, Northwest Tri-County Intermediate Unit, Edinboro PA
edited by Mary E. Miehl
- Dr. Marvin Marshall - Discipline without Stress, Punishments or Rewards
How Leaders, Teachers, and Parents Promote Responsibility
- Addressing Student Problem Behavior
Conducting a Functional Behavioral Assessment
- CEC (Council for Exceptional Children)
Special Focus on Discipline
- Center for Effective Collaboration and Practice
Functional Behavioral Assessment
Classroom Management Topics
- Discipline by Design
The Honor Level System
- Dr. Mac's Amazing Behavior Management Advice Site
This site offers tips on managing student behavior, and provides step-by-step directions for implementing a great number of standard interventions. It also contains a bulletin board on which you can post your disciplinary concerns and receive suggestions from teachers around the world.
- Education World's Classroom Management:
Principals Help Teachers Develop Essential Skills
- ERIC Clearinghouse on Disabilities and GiftedEducation
- Department of Education and Professional Studies, University of Limerick's
- Edinboro University of Pennsylvania's page of
National Organizations & Resources in Special Education & School Psychology
Free tools and resources to help school staff and parents promote positive classroom behaviors.
- PBIS Website
The Technical Assistance Center on Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) established by the Office of Special Education Programs, US Department of Education to give schools capacity-building information and technical assistance for identifying, adapting, and sustaining effective school-wide disciplinary practices
- Pennsylvania Training and Technical Assistance Network
A Parent's Guide to Helping Kids With Learning Difficulties
- Search Institute Home
Provides a wide range of publications and practical tools to equip community and organization leaders, parents, and young people to build developmental assets.
- The You Can Handle Them All Web Site
A great resource for parents, teachers, and administrators who need to deal with children and their behavior. Learn how to handle over 117 different behaviors, and how to change unacceptable behavior to acceptable behavior.
- Works4Me Tips Library - Managing Your Classroom - Behavior Control
Techniques for handling behavior problems and motivating students
- Behavior Management Cartoons
Dr. Mac's Amazing Behavior Management Advice Site
The images are large, it takes awhile for them to load. Right clicking on an image will bring up the full size view.
Browse through the latest posts from the Classroom Discipline Chatboard...